Is my english good engouh

Raed

Hi there everyone

First all the best wishes for the new year

My aim here is to stimulate your mind to start thinking about your english?

When would one know that he or she speak really good english?

In my mind this would only be possible if he or she THINK in English

In other words when you learned english you would think of the sentence in Arabic and then transulate it to English , this usually does not take a long time for your brain to know the words to say, but in reality the moment you start thinking in english then you would have been very close to a "native" speaker.

The second sign is when you start dreaming in english, then you really a good speaker.

Now how would one reach such level?

The answer is very easy: First you would need to know the basic grammer and vocablory but combined with this you will need to PRACTICE your english with native speakers. In other words for those who are learning outside thier countries in UK, USA or any other english speaking country you need to spend lots of time with native speakers to improve your language skills.

Now once you become a good english speaker then you will face another challange: How to ensure that you save gaurd your Arabic. I really feal dissapointed from those who go back home and start speaking English in shops and other places just to show off. They are really naive. They should be proud of thier arabic language and not thier english.

What do you think?

blink.gif

Hello .. well in my point of view Grammer is so important in order to be good at English . When you are good at grammer you'll be able to speak and write correctly also vocabulary is necessary

hi

i agree with u naughty boy the vocabulary is

important as the grammer is,

also we need to practice our english with a native speaker in order

to learn the correct pronounciattion of any word

well, thats it

نوخذه

hello

Firstly a very big thank to Raed for chosing this topic. In my point of view i agree totally with you raed. In my case the first day i started thinking in English, i started learning English. I am not aiming to be a native English speaker but thinking in english would improve all your english essential skills ( writting, reading and speaking ). About the grammer you will get it by the time, languages are not like mathematics where you have to remeber the formuls and apply them for the right question ( this is what i think at least ). In English language if you keep thinking in arabic you will just end up saying things that pepole struggle to understand. Mostly pepole make jokes of that ( like the forward Emails we get making jokes at direct translation from arabic to English.

ammm..i think this all what i want to say..waiting for others replys, i might have other things to add.

Rgds

The Engineer

أعلى